Saturday, May 31

A visit to Anawangin Cove

Last 2013, I had a few mini getaways as well which includes a trip to Zambales to check out Anawangin Cove. I was just a push over for that trip since it was originally my Mom, the boyfriend, and the friends. However, since I was in dire need to get out of the house and do something, I decided to join them and see for myself if the cove was really worth the 5-6 hours trip.

So we hopped on the car and traveled to Zambales at around 9 in the evening. Arrived there at around 2 or 3am and got some sleep. Along the way, we stopped over at McDonald's Subic for snacks which was by the way, one of the cutest branches I've seen! It was probably because of the paint on the walls. I'd love to show you but for some reason the only photos I can post here are landscape photos... It sucks I know I should probably fix it soon! 

Anyway, so we woke up the next day at around 7am to go to Pundaquit where we are going to ride the boat to Anawangin. It was just a day trip since we don't have much time (I'm with working people and I am working as well so yeah). The boatman was supposed to charge us P2,500 for round trip service but since I am with the oldies, they bargained and bargained and finally made it to P2,000. Technically, it was P200 each since we were 10 in the group. Just across the street going to the port, you will see a market. That's where we bought our food for the day. We had chicken, tuna, and rice. No need to bring your own cooking tools. You can rent there and just pay for a minimal amount. I suggest you bring disposable utensils if you are not comfortable using borrowed ones.


On the way to Anawangin Cove

The water was really calm on the way there so no need to worry. And to add it up, Anawangin has a great scenery. The sea and it's gray sand, the cove, and the sloping hills on the side. It was a sure hit for campers. If you want to have a solitary time with the sea, and just regain your piece of mind, Anawangin is a great place for you. But if you came for swimming, I don't think you'll be happy with it. Unless you're okay with swimming in the cove your whole stay. The water's cool and it's really inviting for a dip!

I just had to show you our very yummy tuna for lunch :p

A panoramic shot of the cove



Anawangin Cove

If you ask me, it's a great place for an escape and an overnight camp. No cellular signal, just you, the sea, and a great company. But you can miss out on it and check other places instead. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time at Anawangin, although since I value honesty on my blog, I should prolly tell you beforehand that it's not really a must-see.

Oh and one more thing, once you ride a boat, inform them that you want to stay at the campers and cove area because they might intentionally dock you on the other side since there are sort of 2 'resorts' in the area.

Happy travels!


Love,
Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, share, amaze me with your own stories.